20 April 2006

dating a celebrity.

I'm the guy that will try to make a doomed relationship work because the rest of the world thinks my partner looks like Tom Cruise.

This is no joke.

My "Tom" was lazy and boring in the sack, got angry when I refused side with him during his many insecure and childish "my-friends-don't-understand-me" rants, and even refused to understand that I was uncomfortable with him comparing me to all of his past lovers.

But, hey, he looked like Tom Cruise. And I got such a kick out of bringing him anywhere on my arm because he lit the room up with his toothy smile and engaging brown eyes. Each time I was pulled aside, butterflies similar to that of a proud parent would flutter in my stomach as I was told how handsome and charming and smart and blah blah blah. . . they didn't have to fucking fuck him!

From time to time I question my actions that resulted in sabotaging the relationship with "Tom". I mean, he was as loyal as a golden retriever, pretty enough to take to any social function (ie: reunions for the sole purpose of making an old flame green with jealousy), and he was a doctor. Yeah, a fucking neurosurgeon!

Did I make a mistake? Maybe I could've learned to be more tolerant of his childish and republican ways.

Or did I make the right choice? I mean, I don't want to be the guy who's boyfriend looks like the dude that eats the placenta of his child.

I'm going to go with "I made the right choice". However, I will not rule out dating a "Colin Farrell" should the opportunity present itself.