24 March 2006

misrepresented.


I have spent the better part of the last hour sifting through arguments related to social protest. Starting here and ending up somewhere over here and here.

As an American I have an obligation to speak up. And as an American I welcome argument and discussion. It's painful to see either side of an arguement volley in hopes of getting the golden egg. I find it shameful that protesters are, in every arena except for abortion, seen as the "anti-".

Anti-war.
Anti-Bush.
Anti-American.
and the subtle Defense of Marriage (you almost miss the "anti-" in that one, eh?)

When did it happen that the Conservative Right is synonymous with absolute right?

For the record, I'm going out to get my toy soldiers and start fighting the war in a fashion that acurately represents me...something that hasn't happend since day one of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Technically, this makes me pro-war, does it not?