31 January 2006

new news.

Some news is predictable.

Lying in bed at 7am this morning, before I even turned on my radio, I knew that Brokeback Mountain would be announced as the front runner in many of the 78th Annual Acadamy Award's categories (including a well deserved nod to Mr. Lee). Likewise I knew that I would hear more than once that it is Justin Timberlake's 25th Birthday and that White House "Advisors" are leaking "key" items that W is expected to say in his State of the Union tonight; they should know exactly what he will be saying - they wrote the goddamn thing!

I digress.

During my thirty [or so] minute ride to work, the little people inside my radio were still unable to tell me anything that I hadn't already figured out in between snoozes; that Bob Woodruff has been stabalized and is returning to the US, that certian corporate conglomerates will be reporting record fourth quarter profits, that Shaun Alexander is named the NFL MVP for 2005 (and well deserved), and that we will soon be referring to Samuel Alito with the title Supreme Court Justice.

No suprises.

Until, by way of Joe [he from which most good things come] M'God, I found this:

Mr. Senator:

Tomorrow you will be faced with a vote that may have the longest aftereffects of any other you have cast in your Senate career.

Tomorrow you will decide if your political position is worth more than doing what is right for others like you. For others like you, Mr. Senator, who engage in oral sex with other men. (Although, Mr. Senator, most of us don't do in the bathrooms of Union Station!) Your fake marriage, by the way, will NOT protect you from the truth being told on this blog.

How does this blog decide who to report on? It's simple. We report on hypocrites. In this case, hypocrites who vote against the gay and lesbian community while engaging in gay sex themselves*.

When you cast that vote, Mr. Senator, represent your own...it's the least you could do.

Michael Rogers
blogACTIVE.com

*While votes on many matters are considered, votes "FOR" either the Alito nomination and the Federal Marriage Amendment are enough to qualify legislators for reporting on this site.


Please, Michael, let this not be hot air. Please.

And as I mull over the implications of a revelation that tops anything Howard could do, I am torn between feeling on the verge of vindication and scared that, once again, the GLBT communty will suffer further moral mandates for the now-or-never attitude that brought us The Federal Marriage Amendment.

All of those feeling aside ... I have no respect towards the closeted men and women who take advantage of the royalties of a homosexual lifestyle at the expense of the millions of men and women that make such royalties available by living bravely on this side of the closet door.

I don't know where to weigh in on this. The reality tv side of me says "out the mutherfucker", while the pragmatic side is begging for a resolve to issues that may lead this personal attack to explode in the faces of a marginalized community on the brink of winning an Acadamy Award.

[get the full threat here]