22 September 2005

Anti-choice for a cause

Fridays, as I pass the Planned Parenthood I am angered to the edge reason. It takes every ounce of my rational will to keep from crossing the white line taking out an anti-choice protester with my small but willing Chevy Aveo.

And each Friday I have a silent monologue about what I would say to the protesters who make it nessecary to place a wrought iron fence around a health care clinic. As if the penitentiary fence isn't imposing enough, protesters attack anyone passing through the gates; they shout slanderous and religious banterg, displaying signs that are far more offensive than anything Howard Stern is joking about on my car stereo.

Each time, I think of the words to an Ani song that relates the horror she felt passing through a scene such as this. I was intrigued to see what would follow when Dana quoted the words that play in my head every Friday. Kudos to Planned Parenthood for finding the silver lining to these damaging anti-choicers.

The link in Dana's blog is for a clinic in Philly. I was unable to find out if each Planned Parenthood location is having there own pledge drive, but I figure that helping out one clinic is better than helping none - not to mention legal (when the other option is running anti-choicers over with your car). A simple search on the corportate webpage should give you answers to a local clinic and their participation in this fundraiser. If they aren't participating, send them a note and let them know you're interested.