11 May 2006

new work.

Burried in the first twenty or so pages of just about every magazine on the newstand is a regular feature titled something along the lines of "In the Numbers". The gist of the "article" is to offer a series of facts in statistical form. One can only assume that the intent of such a piece lies in one or more of the following:
1)to sparking conversation in akward social settings,
2)to reveal inadequecies and falts in humanity forcing a call to social action,
3)to fuel the ever-deteriorating attention span of America, and/or
4)to maintain an undefeated Trival Pursuit record.

If memory serves, it was in an instalment of Details that I first read the statistic that the average college graduate will change jobs at least once every two to five years. The underlying message here had something to do with a decrease in employee loyalty. I'm sure this directly relates to the aforementioned attention span issue, but does not, however relate to the intent of this post.

I'm switching careers.

Not so much that I'm switching, but trying to find something that concentrates my interests and talents. All of the elements that I love about my current job are diluted and lost in the muck of administrative details.

I love being in front of people, advocating rights and services, educating people, planting seeds that will grow into a healthy skepticism, and leading a team of passionate and dedicated professionals.

Wow. How is that for a shotgun resume?

So for what it's worth, if there are any readers that are searching for a team leader that is dedicated to expanding tolerance and educating the public on GLBT and HIV issues, shoot me an email and I'll get my resume right out to you.

Or... I could do record reviews for a living. In my outsider's opinion, those guys have the sweetest gig. They sit around listening to advance copies of the latest ear candy and then get paid to put thier opinions into 200 words or less.

More to come....